Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Procrastinating

I just worked 16 hrs in the last 2 days preparing for a class I was teaching that I knew about for over a month. While I had begun the process of preparing, I had much more to go and before I knew it, the class was 2 days away.

I tend to be a busy person anyway and so this wasn't my only project going on. I am taking a public speaking class for seminary that I'm a student of. (2 be a minister). I am also planning a writing group out of my home starting next week!

Why do I procrastinate even though I swear I won't and feel depleted afterward because I didn't pace myself? Why do I think the best at the 11th hour?

Why have I been staying up so late, even when I know it messes up my sleep patterns?

What would "Extreme Self Care" guru Cheryl Richardson say about all this? Lighten up! Accept what I think is unacceptable and move on. Live & learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment